My photo
Cheney, Washington, United States
I love cats...& food xD!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A topic in language education that I want to know more about

I really would like to know more about writing teaching language, even though I know that that is my weakness, I discovered that is very important to know how to write, and not only knowing how to speak English.
Since my experience in Lewis and Clark high school, I realized that student must know how to write properly in order to be understood, and also to reach more in life that just a lower job. I would like to know how can I fill in the gap that students may have in some way during the process of language acquisition, I think that is not good to leave that space empty because then the kids are going to have that emptiness for the rest of their lives.
I found some interesting places on Internet to teach writing in different ways, but i could not find places about the topic itself.

New post!

WRITING LANGUAGE TEACHING MATERIALS
Some factors to consider: an action list.

http://www.webofenglish.co.uk/ltmat.htm

New post!

Teaching Index

Approaches & Methods in Second Language Teaching

point n° 11

Writing in the Second Language Class

http://www.btinternet.com/~ted.power/teflindex.htm

1 comment:

Gina Petrie/CALE/ESLG said...

Nina,
These are indeed great links that you have found. As you say, they really just provide some strategies, activities or approaches to teaching writing. They don't really address the topic that I think you are focusing on. My suggestion would be this--to tie writing as an integral part of everything that happens in a classroom so that it always has an authentic purpose. Make it just part of everything that you (and the students) do so that they begin to accept it as a necessary part of everyday life. I would also suggest keeping it as tied to things outside the classroom as possible (authenticity). And, for good measure, invite a great author to come visit your class and inspire the students. I hope that is helpful.
Gina