My photo
Cheney, Washington, United States
I love cats...& food xD!

Monday, December 1, 2008

If only he knew....


In my shadowing teaching as I say many times before, I saw problems with the writing part with some students in the classroom, I think that Mr. X used a good methodology to teach English, but it is not the most effective one, he doesn't worry about each student he only see the whole group, and the information that he is missing in the classroom is that, to acquire a new language, first you have to be literate in the native language; the Russian kids do not know how to write in Russian nor in English; even though they have a teacher who is from Russia too. The situation is the following, how the school can allow that big gap in those students having a person who can help on that, why that teacher knowing that can permit that too; the only ones who are going to be damage are the kids and that is only because they wanted to be blind, and do not see the reality because how they can not notice if the kids are constantly under evaluation. I really don't know why these people don't do something about it, they know the theories about language acquisition?, do they know that the students must know their first language in order to learn a second one?; those are question that I had at the end of my shadowing.


Some sites where they can learn more about language acquisition:


First what is Language acquisition...

http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/harnad/Papers/Py104/pinker.langacq.html

Then a little bit of Krashen...

http://www.sk.com.br/sk-krash.html

and finally a whole menu of second language acquisition...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vivian.c/SLA/index.htm








(sorry for the delay, I thought it was already published)

No comments: